So my weekly self check in is late, been struggling this week and a half with various issues. The most cumbersome of said issues is my back and leg pain. I had a fall in the summertime and hurt my lefft ankle and perhaps the increased activity has lead me to some stubborn pain. It started the weekend of January 30th, I was on call and so I didn’t want to leave the house (I have a superstition that going out will make the phone ring) and so I spent some lazy time in bed watching TV. After that I had some minor soreness in my lower back which seemed to go away after a few days of light activity and stretching. Then this weekend it got much worse, I couldn’t even sleep well or get comfortable. The pain has moved to my left hip and now down the side of my leg.
So my progress has stalled a bit, I am trying to focus more on diet, but I feel defeated and a bit down about the whole situation and I am an emotional eater so I will be honest that I haven’t been eating as well as I should be, but better than I have in the past. Most importantly, I am not giving up.
I have a massage therapy session booked for Saturday, I plan to have some accupuncture in the near future as well. I need to sign up for my month of Yoga classes before the end of the month as well (it is hot yoga so I want to wait until my pains are a bit better to prevent over strain).
In addition to the physical pains, I have some emotional stuff going on as well. I decided to end my long term relationship that I have been back and forth about. Sometimes love isn’t enough, sometimes even when a person forgives they can never really forget. We will always love eachother and I hope we will always be friends, but I had to make the tough decision to end what we had. Although overall I am happy about this, it is really difficult and has been affecting my overall mood.
I am ready to take things on again, pain or not I have to find a way to make my goals happen for myself. I haven’t slipped far at all. My goal of 10lbs lost will be set back a bit, but I will get there soon and tackle my next goal after that as well. I have some exciting projects on the horizon as well, spring is coming and things are going to be great, I just know it!
Things I did right:
- Increased water intake (I have a lot of caffeine free loose leaf tea and have been drinking that as well as plain water)
- Did healthy baking
- Went swimming
- Pursued an opportunity for a part time writing gig
- Made a yummy stir fry recipe that I will make again
- Made the tough life choice mentioned above
- Took the time to check in here even though things are not that great
- Practiced the ukulele and got myself a finger pick and hand exerciser that will make my playing better
- Posted a song to Soundcloud and shared it with my Facebook group
- Wasn’t too hard on myself for my setbacks and realized these things will happen