My week 3 report is delayed as I had a very terrible week. I woke up Sunday night feeling awful and I ended up being sick most of the week. Went back to work on Wednesday but was still feeling weak so decided to go home. Then I noticed my kitty was having symptoms of a urinary blockage (I used to work as a veterinary assistant so knew what I was seeing) and so I ended up spending the rest of the week looking after him. $1200 later he is OK but it really put me through the ringer.
So now I am back to work, feeling much better and ready to get started again on working towards my goals. The good news is, since I wasn’t able to eat due to sickness and stress, my weight is down, nto the best way to lose but I will take what I can get.
Things I did right:
- Did walking in my apartment even when I wasn’t feeling well so that I could keep some semblance of activity going
- Went for a 20 min walk outside on Saturday
- Went for a 40 min swim/water run on Saturday
- Logged my food, even though it wasn’t an ideal week.
- Didn’t overeat on the weekend even though I was feeling better
- Took care of my kitty cat, even though it puts my budget at an even higher strain (have to pay family loans back)
- Learned a few new songs on the ukulele
- Kept my house reasonably clean even with everything going on
- Kept a jug of water next to my chair so when I was feeling sick I always had water at hand
- Didn’t let my illness bring down my mood or take away focus from my goals.
Even in a poor week, there is always something good to be found. This week I plan to do some cooking, ramp up my exercise and keep my momentum going.